I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Friday, April 24, 2020

Tropical Crush Cake


1 yellow cake mix
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (15 oz) can cream of coconut
1 (15.25 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
1 (8oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
coconut flakes

Bake cake according to package directions. Poke holes in it while it's hot with a fork.
Drain pineapple into a bowl (saving juice).
Mix cream of coconut, milk and juice. (When you open the can of cream of coconut you will probably see that some of the coconut oil and cream have separated, so it's really important to whisk this mixture so you get it combined and most of the lumps out). Once combined, mixture will be thin.
Pour mixture evenly over cake getting it into the holes.
Cool completely before spreading pineapple over top, followed by Cool Whip, then coconut.
Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment