Yummy homemade bread is the best! This is the recipe I use every time I bake bread and it turns out perfect every time. This is one recipe I don't mind delivering to others because I know it will taste oh so good. I've had nothing but compliments even from the best baker (my mom)! I can't keep it around, it's so yummy.
1 T. dry yeast
2 1/2 c. warm water
5 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (+ another cup, cup and 1/2!)
2 t. salt
1 T. sugar
6 T. butter, melted
Sprinkle yeast over warm water. Stir to dissolve. Set aside. Place 5 1/2 cups of flour, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add to yeast mixture along with butter. Stir until the mixture forms a rough dough. Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour over dough and knead, adding more flour as needed (1/2 cup at a time) until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover. Let rise until doubled (about 1 hour). Punch down. Split dough in equal halves, and shape into two loaves. Place in greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pans. Cover. Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Unmold, brush tops with butter, and let cool before placing in bags. (Or slice, butter and eat warm... our favorite!)
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment