I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rainbow JELLO Cups

When I was a kid, my mom use to make sugar-free jello for dessert quite a bit. With Scott being diabetic, it was something he could eat as well. She would set jello in small individual paper cups for us. That was back before you could buy jello cups. Anyway, I loved it. It was fun to have my own little cup of jello to eat. Now my kids love it that way, too. April is a month of rain and rainbows (at least it's suppose to be... around here it's mostly wind and sometimes snow). So, I made rainbow cups of jello.
I used five small packages of jello. Starting with berry blue. I filled 15 (5 fl oz) plastic cups with a half-inch of jello. Let set (30-60 minutes).
Continue with green.
Then yellow.
Orange.
And red.
(You'll also get two cups of blue, one cup of green and one cup of green, yellow and orange jello... just so you don't waste any!)
Easy and fun for any age! Top with whipped cream and enjoy a rainbow cup of jello!

No comments:

Post a Comment