I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lemon Cream Cheese Pull Aparts

Calling all lemon lovers! If you love lemon, you'll love these pull aparts. They were perfect for our Easter brunch this year.
24 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed, but still cold
1 c. sugar
zest from 2 large lemons
6 T. butter, melted

Filling:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
3 T. lemon juice

Topping:
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
2 t. butter

Method:
Cut 8 of the rolls into 4 equal pieces each and set aside. Combine 1 cup sugar and lemon zest. Dip each piece of dough in melted butter and then in sugar zest mixture. Place in the bottom of a well sprayed bundt pan. Combine filling ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour half over the rolls in the pan. Repeat above process with 8 more rolls. Cut last 8 rolls and dip in butter and sugar mixture. Layer on top. Sprinkle any leftover sugar zest mixture on top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until about one inch below the top of the pan. Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cover with foil last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over browning. Remove from oven and invert immediately onto serving platter. While rolls are baking, prepare the topping. Combine lemon juice, sugar, and butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. In seperate bowl, whisk egg until well blended. While stirring the egg, slowly add the hot lemon mixture to the egg so the egg does not cook. Pour back into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Let cool.  Turn bundt rolls out onto platter and drizzle with topping. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment