I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Creamy Dreamy Pumpkin Cake

Fall means pumpkin... anything pumpkin, and I've been on one heck of a pumpkin kick! This cake is. Oh. My. Word. Simply. Divine!!! Cake and Pumpkin with Creamy Sweetened Milk and topped with Cool Whip, Toffee bits and Caramel! Can you handle it? I barely could! This is how you make it:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice, optional
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
1/2 bag Heath bits or a lg. Heath bar, crushed
Caramel Sundae Topping

Mix the cake mix, pumpkin and spice together. ONLY those three things. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 cake pan. Bake according to cake mix box directions. Let cool 30 minutes.
Poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon, in a somewhat even pattern.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk over cake, filling up the holes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Spread Cool Whip on top. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with Heath bits. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment