I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Better Than Something Cake



1 box chocolate cake mix
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (14 oz) caramel topping
chocolate sauce
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
1 (8 oz) bag heath bar pieces

Bake cake in 9x13 pan according to box directions.
While cake is hot out of the oven, poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with the handle of a wooden spoon.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over cake, then drizzle with 3/4 of the caramel, allowing it to seep into the holes.
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or longer.
Top with Cool Whip, drizzle with remaining caramel topping, chocolate sauce, and heath bits.
Store cake covered, in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment