I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Peanut Butter Fingers

1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 c. butter
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. peanut butter
2 c. oats
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
additional 1 1/2 c. peanut butter
Chocolate frosting
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c milk
1-2 t vanilla
4 T. cocoa
2-3 c. powdered sugar

Cream first 3 ingredients. Add vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix together. Spread out onto a greased 13x18-inch cookie sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. While hot spread 1 1/2 c. peanut butter on top. Cool, so peanut butter becomes solid. You can put them in the fridge so they set up faster. 



Mix frosting ingredients with hand mixer until smooth and spread on top of bars. Cut into squares. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment