I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Friday, November 29, 2019

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 t vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
1/4 t cinnamon
salt and pepper
2 cups mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
Place sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
Mash the sweet potatoes, with butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
Fold in half of the pecans, and spread into prepared pan.
Sprinkle with marshmallows, and the remaining pecans.
Bake for 25 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown, and potatoes are heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment