I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fresh Lime Avocado Fries w/ Mango Salsa




The mango salsa adds a refreshing taste to these yummy fries. This would be a fun appetizer for a St. Patrick's day "green" party, especially if you love avocados like I do.
Mango Salsa
1 mango, peeled and seeded
1 T. fresh cilantro
1 T. sliced green onions
1 T. sour cream
1-2 t. sugar, depending on the sweetness of the mango
1 T. orange juice
1 t. fresh lime juice
1/2 Serrano pepper (optional)
dash of pepper and sea salt

Place all ingredients in food processor or blender. Pulse until blended. Set aside.

Avocado Sticks
3 T. flour
1/4 t. kosher salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
zest of 1 lime
1 1/2 c. bread crumbs
2 large firm-ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
canola oil for frying

In small bowl, mix together flour and salt.
In another small bowl whisk lime zest into eggs.
Place bread crumbs in a third bowl or zip loc bag.

In a deep fry pan, heat 1 1/2 inches of oil. Dredge each avocado slice in flour, then egg and bread crumbs. Place in hot oil. Fry for 30-60 seconds or until crisped and brown. Fry 4-6 at a time. Repeat. Remove to plate lined with paper towels. Serve while hot with Mango Salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment