I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fantasy Fudge

Bryson missed a day of school to go snowboarding and missed making fudge in his life skills class. So, to get credit, he had to make some fudge and take it to his teacher. We whipped this recipe up and the kids went bonkers over it!
3 c. sugar
2/3 c. evaporated milk
2/3 whipping cream
3/4 c. butter
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 small jar marshmallow creme
1 t. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts
Mix the first four ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir often. Remove from stove and add last four ingredients. Stir until well combined. Pour into a buttered 13x9 pan. Cool. Cut into squares and serve. Very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment