I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Shortbread Hugs

These are a delicious little shortbread tasting cookie with a bite of chocolate. These are fun to change up a bit, too. You can change the color of the dough and add whatever variety of hugs or kisses you want. For Valentine's Day I'm going to make pink dough with pink and white hugs and chocolate kisses on top. Yummy!

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
2 c. flour
36 Hershey hugs (kisses could be used as well), unwrapped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt. Mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, just until set and bottoms begin to turn light golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top each cookie with a Hershey hug (or kiss), pressing down lightly. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment