I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Breakfast Cake

I like to make this "cake" on Saturday mornings. We eat half and then have the rest for Sunday morning or afternoon when I'm in a hurry or everyone is starving. Smother in toppings and it makes a super yummy meal.
2 T. butter
2 c. milk
1 t. salt
6 eggs
1 3/4 c. flour
3 T. sugar

Optional toppings
syrup (maple, chocolate, caramel, etc.)
fresh fruit
pie filling
powdered sugar
whipped cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Melt butter in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan in the oven. Mix the rest of the ingredients in blender. Pour into the hot buttered pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until high bumps appear and the top is lightly browned. To serve, cut into individual squares. Serve immediately with optional toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment