I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pizza

Who doesn't enjoy a good homemade pizza? I know we do. We love this crust. My family raves over it.

1 1/2 c. warm water
1 T. sugar
1 T. yeast
1/2 t. salt
3 1/2 c. flour

Place water in a bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and then yeast. Mix with fork to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Add the salt and stir. Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and mix well. Gradually add the rest of the flour and mix until well combined. Spray a glass bowl with cooking spray {I pick up the dough and spray the same bowl I mixed it in} then place dough back in bowl. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Roll out on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin. Add a little flour as needed to keep dough from sticking too bad. This makes (2) 12 inch crusts or 1 large crust. Spray pan(s) with cooking spray. Place dough on pan(s). Drizzle with a little olive oil. Spread on sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or 18 minutes for larger size crust. Delish!

Sauce:
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic salt
1 t. oregano
2 T. Parsley flakes
2 t. olive oil

No comments:

Post a Comment