I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Sugar Cookies

This is my mom's go-to sugar cookie recipe. She got it from her Aunt LaJuana, who passed away several years ago. It is by far my favorite sugar cookie recipe of all time and I've tried a lot. I've mentioned before that I love sugar cookies, but I don't especially love the rolling and cutting part. These are fun to do at Easter. I think the pastel icing and coconut is festive and oh, so scrumptious! You can top with green coconut and jelly beans or chocolate eggs. Or add nuts. Lots of fun possibilities...
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
2 T. cream
2 t. vanilla
3 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, cream and vanilla. Then dry ingredients. Mix well.
~Form into ball and roll out on floured surface, adding more flour as needed. Cut out and bake 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
~Or, after mixing sprinkle dough with a little flour. Using a spoon, take dough and roll in your hand forming 1 inch balls...

Roll in a 1 in. ball, then flatten with a fork~                         Baked and ready to be iced~

No comments:

Post a Comment