I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fried Rice

This is so yummy! I know dinner is a hit when Bryson asks for seconds. I wish I had leftovers from last night, but it was that good!
2 chicken breasts
6 eggs
2 carrots, grated
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 c. frozen peas
1/2 c. butter
1-2 garlic cloves or 1 t. garlic powder
2 c. white or brown rice (uncooked)
Soy sauce

Marinate chicken in soy sauce for at least an hour. In large skillet, cook cubed chicken in a little olive oil. Add carrots and onions; saute until onions are translucent. Then add peas and cook until soft. Beat eggs and add to skillet. Scramble the eggs, chopping fine. Boil rice according to directions on box. Mix melted butter and garlic together, then pour over rice. Stir well and add to skillet mixture. Serve with soy sauce to taste, if desired.

Serve up and have a fit over what you just cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment