I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blueberry Snack Cake

A piece of this is like a blueberry muffin in cake form. I love blueberries and any recipe that calls for them. This is a quick dessert that is moist, tender and delicious! Perfect for an Easter brunch or picnic.
2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cold butter
1 c. milk
2 eggs, separated
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries {If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to the batter.}

In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 3/4 c. for topping. Add the baking powder, milk and egg yolks to remaining mixture; mix well. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Sprinkle with blueberries and reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. {I used frozen blueberries this time and baked it for 45 minutes until the toothpick came out clean} Yield: 15-18 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment