I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Marshmallow Cherry Salad

1 (3 oz.) raspberry jello
1 1/2 c. boiling water
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1 (3 oz.) lemon jello
1 1/2 c. boiling water
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 T. miracle whip
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, do not drain
2 c. Cool Whip
1 c. mini marshmallows

Layer 1
Dissolve raspberry jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Add pie filling. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate until set.
Layer 2
Dissolve lemon jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Let cool. Beat cream cheese, miracle whip and pineapple. Fold in Cool Whip and marshmallows. Fold in lemon jello. Pour over cherry layer. Chill.
Serve and enjoy!
And as with any recipe, you can use fat free, sugar free and lite products so it's better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment