I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cashew Chicken

This is a new recipe I tried and a keeper. I tweaked it a little bit and overall I think everyone liked it. I used 2 T. of chili powder and it was a little too spicy for the girls, so next time, I might add 1 T. Although, Ryan and Bryson like it spicy.

4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
3/4 c. olive oil
1-3 T. chili powder
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. honey
2 c. cashews
2 c. onions, chopped
2 c. mushrooms, optional
2 c. broccoli, chopped

Marinade chicken. Place cubed chicken in medium bowl. Add oil, soy sauce and chili powder. Mix so chicken is coated well. Stir in honey. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1/2 hour to several hours.
Remove chicken pieces from marinade and saute in a large heated skillet until cooked through.
Remove from pan and set aside. Place extra marinade in pan and simmer for several minutes to kill any bacteria. Pour all but 1 T. of the marinade into a separate bowl and reserve. Add onions to skillet and saute on medium high heat for several minutes.
Add mushrooms and broccoli and continue to saute until onions are translucent several minutes more.
Stir in reserved marinade, chicken and cashews. Serve over rice or cooked chow mein noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment