I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Cannellini Bean Soup

Olive oil
Celery, (4) stalks diced
Carrots, (4) diced
Onion, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
Cannellini Beans, (1) 16 oz. pkg. is best  or 2 cans (also known as White Kidney Beans) drain and rinse
8 c. water
8 chicken or beef flavored bouillon cubes.
{This is also good with 1 lb. cooked ground beef, turkey etc.}

Beans, quick soak method: add beans to lg. pot of cold water, bring to rolling boil. Cover, turn off heat and let stand for an hour.

Drizzle olive oil in lg. pot. Add celery, carrots and onion. Cook 8-10 minutes until juices start flowing.

Then add tomatoes, parsley, beans...
water and cubes. Simmer a couple of hours. If you use canned beans, (which are not as flavorful, but are fast and convenient) then you won't need to simmer as long.
Serve with grated cheese on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment