I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sugar Cookie Bars

This recipe came from my sis-in-law Mindee. These are so good! I love sugar cookies, but don't always feel like dealing with the mess of mixing, rolling, cutting, {flour everywhere}... with these you don't have that, but still get a delicious soft sugar cookie. Best of both worlds kind of cookie!
1 c. butter, room temp
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla
5 c. flour
1 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt and soda and mix well. Spread on a greased 13x18 cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, until light brown or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost.
Frosting
1/2 c. butter, room temp
1/2 c. shortening
1 t. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar

I also like Cream Cheese Frosting on these;
1/2 c. butter, room temp
4 oz. cream cheese
1 t. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
Bet ya can't eat just one! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment