I've tried many different lasagna recipes, but this is the one we love best!
1 lb. ground beef {you can use 1/2 lb. hamburger and 1/2 lb. sausage if you like sausage}
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 t. garlic powder
26 oz. spaghetti sauce (use whatever your favorite is)
1 bottle stewed tomatoes or 1 14.5 oz. can diced or stewed tomatoes (nothing beats home bottled tomatoes, so I use them whenever I can)
1/2 c. water, only if using canned tomatoes
1/2 pkg. extra wide lasagna noodles
2 c. cottage cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese, I like to use a little cheddar cheese, too.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef, onion and garlic powder. Drain if needed. Stir in sauce, tomatoes and water. In 13x9" casserole dish layer 1/3 sauce mixture, half uncooked noodles, 1 c. cottage cheese, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese and 1 c. mozzarella. Repeat layers ending with sauce mixture. Cover lightly with foil. Bake 1 hour, uncover and sprinkle with more cheese, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment