I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Bars

These are my favorite pumpkin bars... by far, hands down!!!
2 c. graham cracker or gingersnap crumbs
7 T. butter, melted
1 2/3 c. plus 1/4 c. sugar, divided
2 c. flour
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
4 eggs
1 can(15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. applesauce
Cream Cheese frosting {see below}
Fall or Halloween sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x11 inch pan with foil; set aside.

2. Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/4 c. sugar until well combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Smooth mixture into even crust by using the bottom of a measuring cup.

3. Bake crust about 6 minutes; let cool completely.

4. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs, remaining sugar, pumpkin, oil and applesauce. Stir flour mixture in.

5. Spread evenly over cooled crust.

6. Bake until filling pulls away from the pan, about 30 minutes; let cool completely in pan.

7. Frost, sprinkle and ENJOY!

Cream Cheese Frosting4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
The graham cracker crust and cream cheese frosting make these bars irresistible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment