I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Friday, December 27, 2019

Marshmallow Fluff Fudge

My Christmas memories growing up, always included my mom making fudge, along with red, white, and green divinity, caramel popcorn balls, and cornflake clusters. She'd make two batches of fudge during Christmas break, one with nuts, one without. I can still see it on the kitchen table, waiting for it to set up, before she'd cut it into little squares to be devoured. So rich, but oh so good!

2 1/2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. butter
2/3 c. evaporated milk
12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
7 oz. jar marshmallow cream
1 t. vanilla

1) Line a 9 inch square pan with foil, and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2) In a 3 quart heavy saucepan over high heat, combine sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Use a wooden spoon to stir slowly until butter melts, scraping sides of pan frequently.
3) Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Once it starts boiling, set a timer for 5 minutes and turn the heat down to medium. Stir constantly.
4) Remove from heat, and add chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is smooth. Add marshmallow creme, and beat with spoon until well blended. Add vanilla an mix well. Immediately pour into the prepared pan.
5) Let cool to room temperature.
6) Slice and serve. Store covered on the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment