I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Friday, December 1, 2017

Crock Pot Beef Stew


2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 c. flour
3 T. olive oil
5 c. diced potatoes
1 sm. bag baby carrots
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 sm. onion, chopped
1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 c. beef broth
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. dried thyme
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 c. frozen peas
2 T. corn starch
2 T. water

Layer the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions in a 5 qt. slow cooker.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Add meat; turn to coat evenly. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches if necessary. Place over vegetables.
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, broth, garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme, and Worcestershire. Mix well, and pour over beef.
Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
Mix cornstarch with water. Stir into the stew to thicken. Add peas.
Cover and cook 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment