I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sweet Pork & Spanish Rice

The guys in the family especially love this. They think it's better than Costa Vida! When I can get Bryson to eat anything, than you know it has to be good.

2-3 lbs. Pork (roast, boneless ribs, or loin...)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
1 can mild green chiles
1 can mini coke
Place pork roast in the crock pot, with 1/2 cup of water, and cook on high 5-6 hours.
An hour before serving, take the meat out, trim fat off, and shred with a fork, then put back into the crock pot. Add coke, brown sugar, enchilada sauce, green chilies. Continue to heat until hot. 

Sweet Pork Salad
Serve on flour tortilla with Spanish rice, black beans, lettuce, cilantro, cheese, guacamole and sour cream.

Sweet Pork Enchiladas
Mix together:
1 1/2 - 2 cups sweet pork
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cheese
Spoon a couple tablespoons meat mixture onto flour tortillas and roll.
Place seam down in greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Blend in blender:
1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 soup can of milk.
Pour evenly over tortillas.
Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Serve with Spanish rice & Salad.

Spanish Rice
1 1/2 c. uncooked rice
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes and 3/4 can water
1 t. chicken bouillon
1/2 packet taco seasoning

Place all ingredients in a pan, bring to boil, then cover, drop heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Stir and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment