I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spinach Fruit Smoothie

When I'm in need of a snack, I blend one of these up. So good, and healthy! My kiddos like them, too. They never get boring with all of the different varieties to smoothie up with all the combinations of fruit you can use. I love starting my day off with one of these and a slice of whole wheat toast.

1 part dairy; milk, almond milk, yogurt or you can use water or juice
1 part spinach
1 part fruit
You can add flax seeds, protein; whey or peanut butter. Lots of combinations and varieties!

This is how I make my favorite smoothie; I blend 1 cup milk and 1 cup spinach together first so there's no stringy pieces of spinach. Then add 1 scoop of strawberry flavored whey protein and 1 cup of fruit. I like to use frozen fruit so it's cold.

My favorite fruit combinations are strawberry, peach, pineapple, mango.

Blueberry, blackberry and raspberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment