I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ham Sliders

These are so good. Simple and fast... just have to prepare ahead of time to let them refrigerate... but when mealtime comes, pop in the oven and wah-la! These are great for a family celebration luncheon or party, too... just double, triple...quadruple... the recipe :) I've served them before with steamed asparagus or green beans, but a salad would be good, too.

1/2 lb. shredded ham
1 dozen Hawaiian Rolls (I couldn't find Hawaiin Rolls, so I used Mini Ciabatta Rolls)
1/4 lb. sliced swiss cheese

Sauce:
1/3 c. butter, melted
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. poppy seeds
1/4 t. garlic salt

Assemble sandwiches and place on a cookie sheet. Pour sauce mixture, a tablespoon at a time, over filled rolls. Cover and refrigerate over night. Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 15-20 minutes. (I assembled them in the morning and refrigerated them until dinner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment