I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Best Darn Salsa Ever

This recipe comes from GTU. This was their daily recipe one day while I was watching, so I had to try it. It is yummy stuff. I've made it for several parties and everyone loved it.
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped fairly small
2-4 green onions, chopped fairly small
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 can white corn, drained
1 can black eyed peas, drained
2 avocados, chopped fairly small
1/2 of a cucumber, chopped fairly small
1 can sliced olives
1 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 pkg. zesty Italian dressing, prepare as directed {homemade better than bottled}

Combine all ingredients. Pour dressing on top and stir until well coated. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving. Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment