I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Baked Oatmeal


3 c. oatmeal, quick or old-fashioned
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. applesauce
1 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 t. vanilla
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 c. any dried fruit you prefer (raisins, craisins, cherries, blueberries etc.)

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 8x8or 9x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with milk and/or fresh fruit.
*Can be doubled in a 9x13 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment