I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fresh Peach Pie

This recipe comes from mom-in-law. It's always a favorite at our house come peach season.
Peach filling:
2 heaping cups of fresh sliced peaches
1/4 c. sugar
1 T. lemon juice
3 T. corn starch
2 T. butter
1/4 tsp. almond extract
pinch of salt

Cream Mixture:
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 t. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
2 c. whipping cream (sweetened and whipped)

Sprinkle the peaches with lemon juice and sugar. Let stand for one hour. Drain peaches and reserve the juice. There should be one cup of juice. If there is not enough to make one cup, add orange or lemon juice. Add the cornstarch to the juice and cook until it thickens. Add more sugar if it is not sweet enough. Cool slightly and add peaches, butter, extract and salt. Cool completely.

Whip the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Spread on bottom of a baked pie shell or graham cracker crust. Pour peach filling over the top. Refrigerate. Dollop with whipped cream for garnish to serve, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment