I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Caramel Popcorn Balls

My mom's recipe.  She made these every year around Christmas and New Years, so we had yummy treats to snack on all through our holiday break from school. They're the perfect treat for Fall, too! We love 'em around here!!!
2 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cube butter
1 c. white karo syrup
1 c. unprepared popping corn

Pop popcorn in air popper. Set aside.
Bring sugar, butter, and syrup to a boil. Take off heat and add milk stirring constantly. Place back on heat and cook to full bubbling boil that can't be stirred down, stirring constantly.
Pour over popcorn. Mix well until all the popcorn is coated.
When cool, form in tennis sized balls and let set on wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment