I started this blog...

as a way of compiling all my families favorite recipes all together in one place.
My daughter asked me if I would write down a certain something I make so
she has it when she grows up and has a family. I thought that was a good idea,
so I decided to combine all our favorites and make one big book. It will be a
work in progress and a way for me to ORGANIZE all the recipes stashed in
the cupboard. And I've realized, I like taking pictures of food!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blarney Stone Bars

1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3/4 c. english toffee bits
1/3 c. chopped pecans
4 drops green food coloring
3/4 c. vanilla frosting

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Fold in the toffee bits and pecans. Spread into greased 9 in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Add food coloring to frosting and spread over bars. Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment